CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

I finally understood today what every other woman who has had a late summer baby meant by, "Oh, I am so sorry! You will be so hot!" I thought to myself that maybe it really wouldn't be that bad... WRONG. I don't think I have ever sweated so bad in my life. Really, who would have thought that you could really feel like you were sitting right in an oven like that!

It's funny sometimes to think about the way God does things. Really, I thought my plan was so much better on the timing of this pregnancy. Get pregnant in the summer, have the baby in early spring, take the rest of the year off from teaching and have the entire summer to spend at home before I went back to school. I thought that plan was perfect. What teacher wouldn't? Well, this has been exactly opposite. Got pregnant in the winter, have the baby in the late summer, start school (hopefully) and then take only a few weeks off. Tell me, which one sounds better to you? Not saying that being pregnant during the summer is a terrible thing... I am talking more about when I try to make plans for my life and the Lord in his wisdom does otherwise. Oh, how my vision is so limited and cloudy compared to His. Once this pregnancy happened, it didn't matter to me about MY timing anymore. If all I have to complain about it being hot, then I feel pretty blessed. What's a few weeks out of my life to be hot. A few weeks, that's all. But while I am at it, man, I am burning up! :)

9 comments:

Reba said...

Um, hate to tell you but you will be hot for the rest of your life. :) Those little furnaces love to snuggle up when you don't think you can feel any warmer than you do. And they just radiate heat. It is one of the joys of motherhood. I so identify with your timing comments. I still don't understand why Maria came home when she did (second day of school). But God knows best. I look forward to reading more about your journey into motherhood. :)
Reba

Josh and Kate said...

Sorry you are feeling the heat so much right now. I know exactly how you feel and remember it oh so well. God knows best. You can do it and I promise you it will be all worth it! ;) Had fun with you this past weekend. Praying for you.

Superchikk said...

We felt the same way about timing, but when we found out Chickster was on the way, it all went out the window.

He was born at the end of August, and everyone told me the same thing - that I would be hot. And I wasn't. I was blessed. I think I've been hotter this summer lugging him around than I was last summer with the bun still in the oven!

Sarah said...

231 Water Ave
Springdale, AR 72762
You look Great!!!

Sarah said...

on a serious note. God does not call us to do anything insignifcant when it is done for the Glory of God. There is a signifcance for this hot pregnancy. Nathan and I thought we did not want any kids, now look 6years later and 3 kids God's will and plan is far better than my own every was. Hope to see you guys soon!!

Shayna said...

Hey Blaire!!
Love your blog! We are doing one for Mia, too. Let me know if you want to check it out. I have so much fun updating it, and friends and family seem to love it. At least that's what they say. :) It's really great for people out of town. They feel like they're in Mia's life on a daily basis! So, I hope you are staying cool, and I can't wait to see pictures of Eli!
Take care and God Bless,
Shayna
ps. Do you care if I add your blog and your photography site as links to mine? No biggy if you'd rather I didn't. :)
pps. Love your photographs, too. You have a gift!

Shayna said...

Forgot my email....
It's shaynamarie22@hotmail.com

Melissa Conaway said...

Hey girl! Glad you are blogging so I can keep up with Eli! I am so excited for you! I love your blog and I was going to change my template to this one the other day and didn't for whatever reason! And you have it! Haha! Sorry I missed you this weekend! Love you and miss you!

Jennifer said...

Blair Bear!!! I miss you! I'm going to stalk you now that I know you have a blog up....You will be a fantabulous mommy!